Re: moving into a portable....need help with water ideas

---------

From: Allison Turri (turria_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 05:34:53 PDT

Well, I don't allow them to wash their hands! I have them rub their hands
together briskly to roll off the dried glue. The little ones think this
is some sort of magic trick! Also, if they are taught not to touch the
hair of the paintbrush it cuts down on alot of the dirt on their hands. I
find that the classroom teacher is usually going to give them a bathroom
break after my class anyway, so I just tell them no, that they have to
wash their hands when they get back to class.
I have several jug type containers for bringing and taking away water.
Our Dollar Tree store has some huge buckets with handles that are great
for carrying dirty water into the janitors closet for disposal.
You will still be able to paint, just limit the amount of paint that they
get, like one color at a time in a yogurt container with a top, or use
mostly the Prang type watercolors. I only give out one paper towel per
person, also!

Allison

---