36. Re: moving into a portable....need help with water ideas

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 19:36:57 PDT

The same thing happened to me...twice! When we had to
move into the portable (1/2 of a portable..the other
1/2 was 4th grade alternative ed class..you can only
imagine the noise!)it was a big challenge! I had two
big plastic garbage cans..one empty, one filled with
clean water when we painted. When the kids water
needed dumping I used the the empty garbage can for
them to dump the water. The other garbage can was 1/2
filled with water. I assigned two students two refill
and dump when necessary (used pot with handle for
filling). But I limited the kids on how many times
they could change their water (I have elementary..if
it was free reign they would be dumping and filling
every few minutes). At lunch time the custodian
helped me drag out the dirty water, dump it and refill
it. It worked pretty good..considering. I didn't paint
as much as I do now for obvious reasons.
    Jan in Miami