Free time activities

---------

From: Fran Legman (design18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 18:23:15 PDT

I keep a box of all the postcards I've saved from museums over the years.
Lots and lots of different type of artwork. In this box I have white paper
that is 6 X 9. Students choose a postcard and they have to copy (not trace-
that is why the paper is larger than the card) the artwork onto the paper.
First they use pencil, then colored pencil. The goal is to match the colors
with the colored pencils. They really enjoy this and they keep the card
clipped to their sketch and continue to work on it whenever they have "free"
time.