Re: Kindergarten art class

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 18:05:58 PDT

Peg,

I have jumped right in with kinders for the past two years, often experiencey
their lack of attention spans and the beginning of the year fidgets. This year
I took MaryAnn's advice and set up stations for the children to experiment and
learn to use and share the materials correctly and with success. It has worked
like a charm. I did it for three weeks and added something new each week.

Stations were: paint dot markers, stencils, stamps and stamp pads with colored
markers, huge box of construction paper scraps with glue, scissors and crayons,
a box of wooden building blocks and modeling clay.

We moved on to a line project this week and I think some of the children missed
the stations. I'll bring them back during the year from time to time now that I
know they are so popular.

Sandy

Peg Blechman wrote:

> I'm teaching a Kindergarten art class that meets once a week. Any
> suggestions for art activities and projects?

---