Re: Free time activities

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 17:50:44 PDT

Last year Judy posted a wonderful list of Activity Drawers ideas from
several list members. I have even used some of these ideas as sub
lesson plans for those emergencies when I have my lesson plan book at
home.

I have created an activity box filled with different natural and
man-made objects that have unique texture or surfaces. I have also
included a magnifying glass. It ties in with my beginning of the year
"lectures" on how the children are going to be training their eyes to
see like an artist; breaking an object into smaller parts. These parts
are details or art elements. They love the magnifying glass! These
kids are younger, but maybe you could use this idea, or maybe even a
microscope.

Sandy

---