Re: Kindergarten art class/ideas

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 16:24:16 PDT

In a message dated 10/01/2001 2:41:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
blechman@access-board.gov writes:

> I'm teaching a Kindergarten art class that meets once a week. Any
> suggestions for art activities and projects? One little boy can really draw
> and another is into 3-D.

I have many ideas for projects, but first here's a couple of routines that
I've developed that works for me: In regard to painting with water colors,
go to an odd-lot or dollar store and invest in plastic dog food dishes (I use
the double ones). I use them for water, perfect size and depth and they
don't tip over! After washing brushes, the kids wipe their brushes on
sponges, not paper towels. Sponges are more absorbent and you'll save a lot
of paper towels. Here's another routine that I have developed: My kinders
recite this procedure as they paint:
       Dip, Dip, Dip
        (the brush in water)
          Dab, Dab, Dab
      (the wet brush on the sponge)
          Dress, Dress, Dress
          (the brush up in color)
      and Design, Design, Design!!!!
          (the paper with paint)
With this little verse, I never have ruined paints and the little ones
successfully paint. I have more routines that seem to work, but will save
them for another time. Hope this helps.... Susan on Long Island

---