Re: Best practice- an idea

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 14:12:58 PDT

Hi Sidnie,

I agree, to a large extent, but my administration is big on best practices,
and trying to do everything according to best practices. Therefore the
quandry. I do feel that the biggest problem with best practices is that they
have become too specific, and as I mentioned, good for a certain time or
school, with a given set of materials. As Art teachers, our materials may
differ ( and do) from school to school). This is why I would like to see a
generic list of best practices, that would apply to art ed throughout the
country. I really feel this resource IS the best place to do this and gather
information. It could be the Getty Listserve List Best Practices. ( Okay,
maybe not use the word Getty, but I think this is feasable. Betsy