Re: Free time activities

---------

From: JIM WITTSTRUCK (JWITTSTRUCK_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 13:59:32 PDT

Krista,

I found that the "Synectics" books (Art Synectics and Design Syectics) are great for short handout type activities using creative thinking. Not all of them can be done on a handout, but it should give you some good ideas. I forget the auther right now. (Nicolas Roukes)

I have developed several short one-page activities to do with my older elem.- 5th and 6th graders...using Synectic theories.

Jim W.

Jim Wittstruck
M. W. Savage Elementary
Savage, MN 55044

>>> whest177@wheatstate.com 09/30/01 09:52PM >>>
How about the "Anti-Art Coloring Books" or some of the coloring books of
famous artworks. I have a coloring sheet of "The Scream" and "Starry Night"
(two of my favorites). The students color on these when they are finished,
and after most students have had a chance to color these I bring out the
"real" paintings. Students are always amazed at how differently they
interpreted the subjects. I also have tons of "How to Draw" books, fun art
type books (optical illusions, origami, etc).
~Michal