Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

gesso picture transfers

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 13:30:48 PDT

Hi -
Isn't there some way you can use gesso on a canvas and place a magazine
picture face-down into and to get the image to transfer? I'm not having any
success with it. Are there other ways to transfer magazine pictures to
canvase? I've used acetone to transfer Xerox images to paper, but one of my
students is working collage on canvas and wants that same kind of broken
ghost quality...