Get them "hooked" on the Web

---------

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 15:55:07 PST

In just the last week, I have had four students bring in Web site URL's for
me to add to my site. The one that gave me the most joy was the LD (Learning
Disabled) student who couldn't wait to tell me. He came into class so
excited! I give my students 5 bonus points if they bring in related sites to
the topic we are studying - 10 points if they bring in the sites and a brief
summary. It is really "catching". I put the student's name on the link to
give them credit (with parent permission to post name).

Judy Decker

P.S. An interesting observation....As many of you know, I was out of school
for the first six week of school. I did not have an art sub. This has worked
out VERY well for these students. They found out that they CAN make art by
themselves. The students I get are usually so unsure of themselves...want my
help all the time...These kids just go an do it on their own (since they had
to for six weeks). I have had so many sixth graders tell me how much they
like my class because they get to do things their way. Just thought I would
put in a plug for my art sub (a history major) since we had a discussion on
subs not too long ago.