Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Molas-- web links I have on hand

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 14:13:47 PST

Molas are works of art created by the women of the Central American Cuna (or
Kuna) tribe, of the San Blas Islands in Panama. They are made using an
appliqué process referred to as "reverse appliqué". Several layers of cloth
varying in color are loosely stitched together. Fine-tipped scissors are
used to cut the top layers. The cut edges are folded back and stitched to
the layer below.

Indigenous Art Of Panama:

The Art of Being Kuna (great site!)

Mola Gallery:

Mola Market Place

Mola's International Gallery:

Folk Art Exchange (commercial site--but lots of ideas)

Molas (from Links for buying Molas do not work

I told you folks I had many more links not on my pages yet...just ask.

Judy Decker