Re: trying -paper molas

---------

From: Charlotte (larkspin2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 14:12:22 PST

Hey, Vicki, where in Tennessee are you?? I'm in Sevierville.
Thanks for clarifying the paper mola procedure for me.........that helps a lot!!
Charlotte
vranck@excite.com wrote:
Hello,
I do paper molas with my 8th grade and they are very successful! First I
have them draw a design, after looking at both Cuna art and Native American
indian art. Then they fill in any space left over with the rectangles seen
in the Cuna's work. Tape to a piece of construction paper and cut with
exacto blade. (they have to sign these out and are responsible for them at
all times) Then they get rid of the first drawn design and tape the first
cut design to a 2nd piece, different color construction paper, cutting to
leave about 1/4" inside the first cut. Glue fisrt and 2nd together, lay over
a third, glue and Voila! The main problem I have to stay on top of is
getting their designs to be wide or large enough to allow for cutting
smaller each time.
vicki in tn