Character Counts

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 18:17:15 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C042B6.C6D801E0

Hi Charlotte --
You mentioned that your school uses the "Character Counts" program. =
I've wanted our school to get into some form of this but it seems hard =
to get it going. Is it really worth the effort? Do you feel the kids =
are learning how to be more respectful? Do you focus on a specific =
positive character trait every month? What's your opinion on how the =
kids respond? Thanks for your help!
Liz in rural NY
----- Original Message -----=20

Subject: Re: Elementary Discipline

Most of the schools in my county have this new system called =
"Character Counts".......we have forms that the ones old enough fill out =
themselves.......they tell what they did wrong, what they SHOULD HAVE =
been doing, who they disrupted, the consequence they choose, teacher's =
decision on the concequence, teacher's signiture, student's signiture, =
and the parent's signiture. Since I'm only in one school one day per =
week, I make the homeroom teacher aware of the form that needs to go =
home and then be returned to the homeroom teacher........thus she does =
the follow up......if the student gets too many of those forms, they go =
to the office for further discipline.

Charlotte

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C042B6.C6D801E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Charlotte --</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You mentioned that your school uses the =
"Character=20
Counts" program.&nbsp; I've wanted our school to get into some form of =
this but=20
it seems hard to get it going.&nbsp; Is it really worth the =
effort?&nbsp; Do you=20
feel the kids are learning how to be more respectful?&nbsp; Do you focus =
on a=20
specific positive character trait every month?&nbsp; What's your opinion =
on how=20
the kids respond?&nbsp; Thanks for your help!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Liz in rural NY</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Elementary =
Discipline</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;Most of the schools in my county have this new system called=20
"Character Counts".......we have forms that the ones old enough fill =
out=20
themselves.......they tell what they did wrong, what they SHOULD HAVE =
been=20
doing, who they disrupted, the consequence they choose, teacher's =
decision on=20
the concequence, teacher's signiture, student's signiture, and the =
parent's=20
signiture. Since I'm only in one school one day per week, I make the =
homeroom=20
teacher aware of the form that needs to go home and then be returned =
to the=20
homeroom teacher........thus she does the follow up......if the =
student gets=20
too many of those forms, they go to the office for further =
discipline.</P>
<P>Charlotte<BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C042B6.C6D801E0--