Re: Elementary Discipline

---------

From: Charlotte (larkspin2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 15:46:20 PST

Most of the schools in my county have this new system called "Character Counts".......we have forms that the ones old enough fill out themselves.......they tell what they did wrong, what they SHOULD HAVE been doing, who they disrupted, the consequence they choose, teacher's decision on the concequence, teacher's signiture, student's signiture, and the parent's signiture. Since I'm only in one school one day per week, I make the homeroom teacher aware of the form that needs to go home and then be returned to the homeroom teacher........thus she does the follow up......if the student gets too many of those forms, they go to the office for further discipline.

Charlotte

menichino <menichino@infoblvd.net> wrote:
Hi all -
I'm interested to see if any other schools have a disciplinary Structure for
elementary kids -- like referral forms, specific consequences for behaviors,
etc. It seems like our school needs a system to combat the behaviors of
kids who will misbehave in art, for example (where I deal with it), then the
next day misbehave in music (where that teacher deals with it) -- there's no
record that this kid is having repeated problems -- no paper trail.
Homeroom teachers really don't want to hear about problems from "specials",
and anyway it all seems so piecemeal. Anyone have any Policy for elem?
Thanks --
Liz in rural NY