trying to get UN-discouraged - - - -paper molas anyone??

---------

From: Charlotte (larkspin2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 15:30:09 PST

Well, I had my ornery school today and in addition to having each class write/draw thankyou notes to the artists in residence that came and demoed last week........I had the upper grades make a list of : What they have done in the past that they REALLY REALLY LIKED, What they had done in the past that they REALLY, REALLY HATED, and what they would like to do in the future.

I got varied responses, but one "LIKE" that many submitted was "PAPER MOLAS"...........what in the heck are paper molas???????? They said it involved signing a contract to be careful with exacto knives and cutting layers of paper with drawings in them...........can anyone clear this up for me????????

Another favorite was taking the Mona Lisa and changing her background in some way..........say some crazy background that is COMPLETELY different than the normal one!!!

Anyway.....it will be interesting pouring over the responses!! We ALL agreed that we didn't want to do "book work" again ..........or a test.............well the test might happen again........

Charlotte