self portrait tiles

---------

From: Kim Millen (kim_millen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 06:19:43 PST

Hi all, I'll be doing self portrait tiles (bisque,underglazed then fired)
for Christmas gifts for parents.We'll do a portrait drawing ,then figure
drawing lesson before we paint the tiles. What do you think about using
erasable markers to out line their own faces on small mirrors? Does any one
have any suggestions for any of these lesson plans?? Any tips to create
successful tiles appreciated.I teach k-9th. also any sources for bulk
purchases of wooden tile trivet holders?? Thanks so much, Kim