Re: grading

---------

Batmom44_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 02:42:49 PST

In a message dated 10/29/00 6:07:37 PM, Heyjude5270@aol.com writes:

<< How do you handle grading unfinished work
in circumstances such as this? >>

Unfinished work is unfinished work. If the students had adequate time, and
they were goofing off, then they need to suffer the consequences for not
finishing. You could give partial credit, if they deserved it, but I wouldn't
come out of the 70's. It's not fair to the ones who worked hard and finished
to "give" grades to those that didn't. That just perpetuates the idea that
it's not a real class anyway.
Reatha