Re: Eileen in Westchester

---------

From: Diane Beilby (dibeilby_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 14:49:11 PST

I have a lot of kids that don't read or don't read very well or don't care
to read.

If they can't read, maybe an alternative would be to have a spot in the room
where you always make something visable to draw. Everyone comes in and does
a warm up drawing of the object on display. For your more advanced students
you could have a hint on how to draw it differently. The others might
notice that they are getting hints from that spot on the board.
I am having my students do mini Written history notes on artists we study.
I put this up on the overhead and artwork by that artist somewhere, either
on an overhead, reproduction on the wall or on the TV screen via a scan
converter. Below their mini notes they draw a sketch of the artists work.
This does give me a few minutes to get myself ready while they copy notes
and draw. They keep these in a note folder.