Photo/Portrait Search-Olivas Adobe

---------

From: G M K G (gmkg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 13:48:24 PST

We are in dire need of any photos/sketches/portraits
of the Olivas family. The Olivas Adobe in Ventura
California (Rancho San Miguel) has no photos or
portraits of Don Raymundo (aka Raimundo) Olivas. He
was born in Los Angeles, and served as a soldier at
the San Fernando Mission and at the Presidio in Santa
Barbara. The Olivas Adobe is the only remaining two
story, Monterey style, adobe in Ventura. We have
outreach programs at the Adobe every week day. We
can't even show the children what the Don looked
like...Any help out there? Thank you, Guy M. Webb,
City of Ventura Parks Department.