Elementary Discipline

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 12:48:33 PST

Hi all -
I'm interested to see if any other schools have a disciplinary Structure for
elementary kids -- like referral forms, specific consequences for behaviors,
etc. It seems like our school needs a system to combat the behaviors of
kids who will misbehave in art, for example (where I deal with it), then the
next day misbehave in music (where that teacher deals with it) -- there's no
record that this kid is having repeated problems -- no paper trail.
Homeroom teachers really don't want to hear about problems from "specials",
and anyway it all seems so piecemeal. Anyone have any Policy for elem?
Thanks --
Liz in rural NY