Re: Fiber fill story...medium long

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 11:51:23 PST

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> <snip>
> Long story short...we found a place (factory) in South San Francisco that
> made this polyester fiber fill so we drove down in my big Dodge fan to buy
> some. We wound up with a van-sized load of fiber fill that COMPLETELY filled
> the inside of the van for $1. Yep. A dollar. No PACKAGING, mind you...just
> fiber fill. It was like this giant CLOUD sticking to everything in the back.
> We laughed all the way home...couldn't see much out of the windows.
> <snip>
> Moral of the story...check in the YELLOW PAGES for anything if you're near a
> big city. You'll be surprised at what you find! We found tons of material
> cheap too at a material-making mill...or whatever you call it. Had to buy
> the whole bolt of 300 yards but each bolt was $1. We had alot of teddy bears
> that looked alike...ha!

Reatha might be able to relate to my big score of canvas while I was in
college: in Columbia, SC there's a cotton mill where I'd go to buy "mill
ends" of cotton canvas and duck. Some had interesting flaws that I'd
incorporate into my paintings. You'd buy it by the pound, and if you
were a young female in a halter top you could get a REALLY good deal
;). I _still_ have pieces of that stuff (but alas, not the halter top).

Maggie