Fiberfill Mush Sculpting Material

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 11:24:22 PST

In a message dated 10/29/00 12:04:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Iteachart7@aol.com writes:

> Susan,
> about the fiberfil sculpting material...you did say to just soak it in art
> paste, did'nt you? You also referenced Pritt art paste. Can I assume that
> Ross art paste is the same type of material? I have 4 cases of Ross Art
> paste and since I do soft sculptures I have a 60lb box of fiber fill!
> Peace
> Gabrielle

Hi, Gabrielle, and anyone else interested in an easy to mold sculpting
material:

Just by luck-looking for something I could use as a sculpture material, I
discovered a method that really works and is easy to mold. Just soak
fiberfill (overnight) in art paste- any brand will do. I think I also have
Ross Art Paste, so I don't know why I keep referring to it as Pritt. When it
becomes mushy, use it over an armature for sculpture. My 5th graders made
presidents busts with a styrofoam ball as a base for the head and the
fiberfill mush to build up features. They put a layer of torn brown grocery
bags which had been soaked in water overnight, wrung out, and dipped in art
paste, over the dried and hardened fiberfill-mush form. Came out very smooth
with every detail showing. They look great painted!

Gabrielle, with all that paste and fiberfill, your kids are all set! Now,
whatcha gonna make? Susan on Long Island