Fiber fill story...medium long

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 10:52:08 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
*
>From: Iteachart7@aol.com
>.....since I do soft sculptures I have a 60lb box of fiber fill!> Gabrielle
*

60 lb. box, huh? Reminds me of the time (here she goes again) when my best
friend and I were making "boot stuffers"....teddy bears with REALLY long
legs that went into boots to keep them from creasing when stored....back in
the "boot" days for those of you youngun's. Sounds inane, I know, but they
were fairly popular at the time.

Long story short...we found a place (factory) in South San Francisco that
made this polyester fiber fill so we drove down in my big Dodge fan to buy
some. We wound up with a van-sized load of fiber fill that COMPLETELY filled
the inside of the van for $1. Yep. A dollar. No PACKAGING, mind you...just
fiber fill. It was like this giant CLOUD sticking to everything in the back.
We laughed all the way home...couldn't see much out of the windows.

The cloud lasted for about 2 weeks before hubby refused to park his car
outside anymore and wanted his garage space available again. For 2 weeks we
stuffed like crazy. Hid as much as I could in all the closets. Had to
give/throw away the rest of the cloud.

Moral of the story...check in the YELLOW PAGES for anything if you're near a
big city. You'll be surprised at what you find! We found tons of material
cheap too at a material-making mill...or whatever you call it. Had to buy
the whole bolt of 300 yards but each bolt was $1. We had alot of teddy bears
that looked alike...ha!

Take a day and just read the yellow pages. Toodles......