Fundraiser RE: yard sales

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 09:19:57 PST

We need a major fundraiser for the Children's Art Museum, but the calendar
here is pretty well saturated by us and other non-profits. Our director
decided to go with something different, and year around. An "antique store"
that has those booths that people rent out to sell their stuff is donating
space. Board members and others are donating vintage items for sale. A small
amount will be put aside to buy additional items from estate sales to keep
the booth full, the rest will go to educational programs at the museum.
Items with value that don't have a market here in our small West Texas city
will be offered on Ebay or through auction houses in larger cities.

My Mother wants to donate 2 Royal Dolton wine bottles created for Lancer
wine during WWII. Any suggestions of web sites my sister can start with to
do some background research before getting an estimate of their worth. For
ethical reasons we staff members are not allowed to appraise items for
donors.
Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator