Re: Christmas gifts for parents, kindergarten

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 09:07:26 PST

I'm not really the "crafty" type teacher, but some of the gifts I remember
my kindergarten classes enjoyed making ... and parents receiving (of course
they like everything!!) ... :

All time favorite: Nicely framed artwork, or nicely matted artwork that
parent could frame if they like.

Popcorn Bucket: Ice cream bucket (from Baskin Robbins type) filled with
popcorn, bucket decorated.

Shop Jars: Baby food jar lids nailed to a board, jars then screwed in place.
Filled with paperclips, nuts, bolts.

Note pads: individually decorated.

Vase (different techniques): --- can also be banks or candle holders
1. covered with masking tape, colored with shoe polish
2. covered with art tissue and white glue
3. covered with aluminum foil over yarn and cardboard designs, rubbed with
black shoe polish