Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: source for crochet string?

From: Charlotte (larkspin2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 07:00:09 PST

Each art teacher in our county has a budget of $750.00 to be spent by Oct 1-------meaning put our orders into the main office by then. Being a new art teacher I didn't know what in the heck to buy for a whole school asked other art teachers and flew by the seat of my pants........found out later I should have NOT ordered construction paper as each school does and learn. But in addition to that each school has a Walmart acct. for odds and ends for whatever the school needs........not just the art teacher. And each purchase has to be approved by the individual school office. county art budget of $750.00 is for me to stretch over the 4 different schools I go to now...........and the one I add next semester!!!! BIG BUCKS, HUH??!! Just let anyone advice me to do ceramics or other expensive media!!!!!!

Charlotte wrote:
Gee whiz...what I wouldn't give for a Wal-mart or a Wal-mart account. Our
school district does not let us have accounts anywhere!!!! It is very
difficult to buy on the spur of the moment! The most we have is an
arrangement with Staples (office supplies) where if we have a pre-approved PO
we can take it in to the local store only and pick-up what we need rather
than ordering it....and that is only if we have money left in our budgets!!!

Le Ann

Do You Yahoo!?