Comprehensive Arts (was "new trend?")

---------

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 06:19:56 PST

Years ago, the state of Ohio moved to a Comprehensive Arts Curriculum. Our
county followed suit. Discipline Based Art Education is built in (the four
art disciplines are all there)--but now music, dance and drama was to be
included. Of course --no additional money were allotted to do this. I
purchased several videos and more music CD's and tapes on my own (paid for
dance instructors to come in with my own $$$). One year later our district
focus was to integrate technology. Now I bring dance, music and drama into
my curriculum via the Internet. There just isn't time to do it all
(AAACCCCKKK!).

My goal for the summer was to find more cultural dance and drama
sites....Didn't get all of that done---but I did create the Comprehensive
Arts Page and a separate one on puppets:

http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/comparts.htm

Please keep posting all dance, music and drama sites you come across. Most
of the links on the Comprehensive Arts page came from list members.

Judy

P.S. The "moral" of the story? The "Powers that Be" will never be
"happy"....Do what you think is best for the kids.