Re: yard sales

---------

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 06:18:34 PST

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C04189.36B30200

Ya know, I was discussing this with the better half last night. I think =
there's something voyeuristic about yard sales, and that's why some =
people get addicted to them. There's something about "seeing what the =
other guy's got".... I have always felt a little guilty going to yard =
sales because A) when I was growing up, yard sales were for people who =
couldn't afford better and B) it's a little like snooping into someone's =
private stuff, which I was raised NEVER to do. Nowadays it has become a =
hobby chic thing -- you should have SEEN the folks driving Volvos and =
BMW's to the yard sales!

The sale where I got the easel was the 2nd artist's home I visited =
yesterday. Well, I could use that term loosely....the first one was =
trying to sell her paint-by-number oils for $25 & up.... am I a snob?<G>
Ahhhhhhhhh you are getting my blood apumpin'.............I'm a =
longtime yardsale-aholic!!!!! You got a DEAL worth bragging rights at =
any yard sale!!!!!!!!

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C04189.36B30200

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ya know, I was discussing this with the =
better half=20
last night.&nbsp; I think there's something voyeuristic about yard =
sales, and=20
that's why some people get addicted to them.&nbsp; There's something =
about=20
"seeing what the other guy's got"....&nbsp; I have always felt a little =
guilty=20
going to yard sales because A) when I was growing up, yard sales were =
for people=20
who couldn't afford better and B) it's a little like snooping into =
someone's=20
private stuff, which I was raised NEVER to do.&nbsp;&nbsp;Nowadays it =
has become=20
a hobby chic thing -- you should have SEEN the folks driving Volvos and =
BMW's to=20
the yard sales!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The sale where I got the easel was the =
2nd artist's=20
home I visited yesterday.&nbsp; Well, I could use that term =
loosely....the first=20
one was trying to sell her paint-by-number oils for $25 &amp; up.... am =
I a=20
snob?&lt;G&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<P>Ahhhhhhhhh you are getting my blood apumpin'.............I'm a =
longtime=20
yardsale-aholic!!!!! You got a DEAL worth bragging rights at any yard=20
sale!!!!!!!!</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C04189.36B30200--