Re: discouraged

---------

From: charlotte griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 19:46:24 PDT

, the expectations of the parents.
Charlotte, from another Charlotte, I can tell you that all the advice I have read so far is excellent, but I think that you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to Parental expectations.
I am in my 12 year teaching LA/History, and this year, teaching what was billed as an advanced 8th grade block of Reading/la/history, I suddendly am beset by major whiners...both students and parents.  It is dishearting because since all the material is relatively new to me, I am going all out to reeducate myself, and plan great lessons...and all I get is WHINING>>>>>>>> and it goes on and one.  When kids hear such negative comments at home, they carry it right on to school and into your room.  I am being relentless, as are you, and hope that they all come around.
Charlotte, in very rural Northern California...which maybe a lot like Tennessee in some ways.
--
Charlotte Griswold
mailto:griswald@telis.org