RE: Santa centrepieces

---------

From: J+G Grant (jggrant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 19:12:53 PDT

I don't usually do this sort of thing but the craft teacher was wanting to come up with some 'different' ideas for Christmas that the younger children could do. Now, remember, our Christmas down here is in Summer so it is not necessarily appropriate but could be adjusted. We found some soft chicken wire (anything we find that no-one has tagged is ours by right of conquest) and I suggested that we make some small cones using thin gauge wire, overlapped with ribbon, to bind any rough edges and then have the small children find things (preferably natural things such as wisteria cuttings, rosemary, etc.) to weave all around. They could design and cut out designs to put on top of painted chopsticks inserted in the middle and some Christmas table decorations are done! Also, I felt that we could cut out simple wing shapes and pull into shape and then weave in lavender (which we have a plentiful supply of) to form 'feathers' and hang these from the ceiling. Hope this is of some assistance.
Gina
Melbounre