Re: Inner city school problems

---------

From: The Whites (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 13:39:01 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C040F5.32293360

Subject: Inner city school problems
Actually he is the most effective of the two. He wants to raise the =
level of expectation for the fine arts academy. There is the possibility =
that the school will be torn down if the TAAS scores and performance =
record do not go up. When I was hired the principal told me that the =
students I would have would be magnet and that they wanted to be there. =
She told me that she felt safe there. She did not tell me about the =
numbers in my classroom and the great number of mainstreamed students.=20

While reading you letter, I kept thinking where is this dreadful =
school. Imagine my surprise when I saw TAAS. Isn't this the state =
where Geo W has worked miracles and done so much for education?

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C040F5.32293360

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Inner city school =
problems</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>&nbsp;Actually he is the most =
effective of the=20
two. He wants to raise the level of expectation for the fine arts =
academy.=20
There is the possibility that the school will be torn down if the TAAS =
scores=20
and performance record do not go up. When I was hired the principal =
told me=20
that the students I would have would be magnet and that they wanted to =
be=20
there.&nbsp; She told me that she felt safe there.&nbsp; She did not =
tell me=20
about the numbers in my classroom and the great number of mainstreamed =

students. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>While reading you letter, I kept thinking where is =
this=20
dreadful school.&nbsp; Imagine my surprise when I saw TAAS.&nbsp; =
Isn't this=20
the state where Geo W has worked miracles and done so much for=20
education?</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C040F5.32293360--