Re: AT&T Cable -ahhhh, the speed (!!!)

---------

jaugusta_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 04:39:51 PDT

MaryAnn Kohl wrote:

> This is a whole 'nother topic...if anyone wants to write to me
> privately, but I am curious who has AT&T and who is happy with the
> cable. Yes, the speed is great. But the interruptions (or not) and the
> service??

I've had Adelphia Cable for nearly a year and yes, in the beginning, we
experienced a lot of downtime in the system just like you. It does get
better with time as they work out the bugs in the equipment.

If you ask for an allowance for downtime on your bill you should be
granted it--Adelphia did. The service is much better know--though it's
still down more often than the good old phone lines, thus you may want
to keep your phone and dialup connection alive to be plugged in if the
cable connection is going to be out for a while.

Best wishes,
joseph