Re: DBAE,why is it off the getty page?

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 21:32:52 PDT

I think of myself as employing the 4 basic tenants of DBAE in my teaching
methodology. However, some of the DBAE lessons that were posted on the
Getty site were far too lengthy, given that I basically only see the
students once a week. I can't afford to get that in depth unless I want to
spend an entire semester on a given topic.

As trends in education (come) and go, I think DBAE helped to refocus the
direction of art education away from seasonal holiday projects and crafts
to a more serious perspective on art and gave us some good tools to use in
the process. But like any tool box, you pick and choose what will best
suit your needs.

So what is the next trend? Are any of you seeing a shift towards "the
arts" as a lumped together drama, music, art category? I am. I'm not sure
of the focus other than the production, and the expressive aspects. In
other words the drama area puts on a play that has the arts area providing
the set designs and the music area providing the chorus, or some
pre-recorded pieces that integrate well.

Just wondering.
Cheryl

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, astroboy (Sandra) wrote:
> I kind of like to pick and choose from various sources and there are some
>aspects of >DBAE that I like as well as don't.
snip