Santa centerpieces and Do I allow kids to wash their hands?

---------

From: diane balsley (djbals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 15:05:40 PDT

My principal is having "Breakfast with Santa" and I'm supposed to have
students make centerpieces for the event (I know, don't say it). My
tacky idea is to cover paper tubes with glued tissue to make fake
candles with holly for the base. Does anyone out there have a better
idea?

Another note: A parent called my principal to ask (vent) if I allowed
students to wash their hands. It seems her first grade son had paint
"caked" on his hands and face and she couldn't get it off. (Crayola
Washable--has anyone had a problem with this?) He was picked up after
school and they were going right to a photography studio to have his
picture taken. (of course) This from a mom who has yet to send a paint
smock to school for her son. Thanks, I feel better. Oh, by the way,
students wash their hands all the time.