Winter Earth Art

---------

From: Laura McCoy (Laura.McCoy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 14:22:26 PDT

Hello all,

Today I was supposed to take the Art Club to our Outdoor Ed centre for
field sketching and other activities but it got postponed because of the
thunder and lightening. It has now been re-scheduled for February, and I'm
trying to think of outdoor winter activities that we can do. I've thought
of Inukshuks perhaps, but was wondering if anyone else had some good
ideas. Something like Andy Goldsworthy or Hamish Fulton - did they do
anything in the snow? (I'm in Canada - so there will be snow). I know this
is early, but I thought if I came up with some ideas now, I could do some
preparatory work with the kids at school - look at some artists and work.
Also, the program at the Centre is new, so I thought if I came up with
activities I could share it with them and they could then use them with
other classes.

Thanks,

Laura