Santa Fe Again

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 07:09:27 PDT

Con Corazon y Mano: Folk Art Traditions of New Mexico
Plaza Resolana, Santa Fe, New Mexico
July 15-21, 2002
$510.00/room and board, $410/if not staying at Plaza Resolana (transportation to and from Santa Fe not included)

Folk art is oftentimes considered to encompass objects of individual aesthetic expression made by hand, based on cultural traditions, and learned from family at home through example and practice. Folk art objects frequently are based on traditions of special media, forms, or functions by artists and artisans with no academic training. Because of such characteristics, folk art is routinely contrasted with "fine" art, yet not all art aficionados share this view or accept such distinctions. If you are a teacher, a fan of folk art, or just want to learn more about it, please join us in Santa Fe, the home of the Museum of International Folk Art. We will explore folk art traditions that range from Navajo pottery, weaving, and mud toys, to Hispanic retablos, the Mexican Days of the Dead, milagros, and paper cutting and include artist and museum visits with hands-on activities.

This is not yet posted online at Plaza Resolana's web site. I'll post more info as we get closer to the date.

Nancy Walkup