RE: What a day!

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 07:43:54 PDT

Cindy,

This is such an unfortunate conclusion (if it is) to this situation. At
least now you know where the party lines are drawn.

> Should I wear a black hat to work today?

I like this idea a lot for you. I do this as a matter of course; have for
about 20 years. First a black Greek fisherman's cap, and now a black felt
Minnetonka that is something between an Indiana Jones and a cowboy hat.
There's a name for the style but I can't think of it right off.

In fact, I was in giving blood a few weeks ago and a gentleman next to me
noticed that I was wearing a black hat and asked if I was the 'bad' guy. I
said no, not if you know Akron. Well, here in Akron there is a very wealthy
business man who, among other unconscionable acts, started up one of the new
charter schools AS A FOR-PROFIT business and pays his teachers something
like $15k, while he rakes in the state "per pupil" money.

The name of his overall holding company?

White Hat Enterprises!

The gentleman at the blood bank looked at me, smiled, and understood exactly
where I was coming from.

Lar