Re: What a day!

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 07:33:14 PDT

Dear Susan (and to all the others who have offered support) Thank you!

Part II of my story. Now the superintendent has met with the principal and
the principal has apparently convinced him that he had done a wonderful job
of supporting me and that I am merely a gritchy person. The superintendent
visited my room yesterday and said "I consider Mr. _____ a gift from
heaven." The lack of supplies seems to have been totally lost in the
politics and the main point was now that I had complained about my principal
(which I never did). The superintendent stomped out of my room without even
glancing at the beautiful work my fifth graders were so excited about or the
neat sixth grade work I had gone in early to display on my walls.
AAAAHhhh...... Moral of the story: Keep your mouth shut. Superintendents
who say they want to hear from teachers probably mean they want to hear the
good stuff not the truth.

I'll just wait for this to blow over and continue to do what I do best-teach
and share art with precious, creative little minds.

Cindy

PS Susan, I doubt my principal will walk on eggshells as he is now the HERO
and I am the bad guy. Should I wear a black hat to work today?