Re: What a day!

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 17:59:03 PDT

In a message dated 10/26/00 9:12:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jorgen@mmind.net writes:

> Tuesday I
> had a meeting with the Superintendent (he meets for 15 min. with every new
> teacher). His first remark was, "Welcome to our system; How is your room
> and how about supplies?" Well, since he asked I told him. And I told him
> how frustrated I was.
>
> Lo and behold, Wednesday, boxes and boxes of supplies arrived in my room.
> However; my principal called me in for a meeting. Yes, you can imagine:
> why did I go over his head? why did I tell the super he was not supporting
> his teachers?(I didn't) then a long explanation about what a good guy he is.
> Seems the superintendent is visiting HIS building today along with some of
> the curriculum folks and board members. All MY fault of course...

Cindy, I'll guarantee that your supply shortage will not happen again, since
the principal won't want to be in this situation again. Infact, I bet he
walks on eggshells around you because you were brutally honest. The
principal sounds like he's a bit insecure. Ahhhh, don't you just love the
politics, power struggles, inflated egos, and warped sense of values so many
of these administrators have? So often frustrating to have to deal with
these bosses who just don't get it. I know because I left a district with a
big jerk for a superintendent, a principal with no art appreciation, and a
total disrespect and indifference to my deplorable working conditions.

I agree with Ken that if your evaluation reflects this incident, I would not
sign the evaluation without showing it to your union rep. Are you tenured in
this district?
Please keep us informed....I care and feel your anguish...
Susan on Long Island