TAEA 2001 Convention in Arlington, Texas

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 14:15:04 PDT

FYI: I would like to invite everyone in Texas to attend the upcoming TAEA convention in Arlington (at the Convention Center across from the Ballpark). We have some really great artists presenting talks, walking tours, and workshops - Richard Haas, Lee Smith, and Jim McNeill. Richard Haas, a trompe l'oeil muralist who painted the Cattle Drive mural in Sundance Square in Fort Worth and murals and buildings around the country is speaking and leading a walking tour of his murals in Fort Worth (also speaking on Friday, Nov. 3 at 9:00). Artist Lee Smith's work was featured on the cover and inside the Spring 2000 Trends and he is known for his fanciful paintings of his childhood memories such as "China or the Devil," "Dance for the Hunt," and "Fire and Ice." He will be offering a slide lecture and workshop on Saturday, November 4 at 11:00. And last but not least, tessellation artist Jim McNeill will be offering workshops on Saturday and Sunday. All three have images included in different study print sets that Pam Stephens and I have developed (so that is how we know them!). We hope to see many of you in Arlington!

Nancy