Discipline Help

---------

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 10:35:25 PDT

I am lucky I do not have discipline problems with my students (the little
stupid things they do seem so trivial when I hear of your
problems...besides, I do "stupid" things myself)

This is a Web Site that was posted quite some time ago:
http://www.disciplinehelp.com/behindex/default.htm

This is the form I use to record what students do that "bug" me....I even
record my own mistakes...It works in my classes:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/DISCIPLINE.htm
It is so easy... just write in their name and check the rule violated. If
they disagree with me--I have them write in their version so I can look at
all the facts later. I have middle school students. I am so lucky that they
want to learn. Finding out the difficult situations many of you are in has
made me realize how lucky I am.

Hang in there--the kids need you.

Judy Decker

P.S. To help student realize there is a better way...check out some of the
links on my "heroes" page:
http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker/heroes.htm
These are for the most part, universal beliefs....I printed out some of the
pages for my students the other day...and said to myself "If I could only do
these things myself....". Character Education DOES work. My current 6th
graders had character education last year in 5th grade. They are such a joy
to teach!
Well....I have "played" long enough today with your folks. Love these fog
days! It is actually a beautiful day outside now.