Photo image programs

---------

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 08:00:02 PDT

I have used PhotoDeluxe (made by Adobe), PhotoStudio (Arc Software--came
with digital camera) and Image Composer. Of the three, Photo Deluxe is the
easiest to learn. I usually crop the pictures and change dimensions in
PhotoDeluxe--then save to Web using Image Composer. Image Composer is the
only one of these that has the compression capabilities needed for the web.
I can take a file that might be 300K and compress to maybe 50K (I just
pulled these figures out of my head for comparison) with Image Composer. I
have PhotoShop now that came with my scanner---but I am so accustomed to the
other programs that I haven't used it much. I just find PhotoDeluxe
easier--I guess you use what you are comfortable with. I do know that I do
not like the photo program by Microsoft--we had (have) that on our computers
at school. I played with it and found all of the above mentioned programs
better.

Judy Decker