What a day!

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 07:14:07 PDT

Well, yesterday was certainly quite a day. As you may remember, I am not a
new teacher but I am working in a new situation. I have been teaching in a
classroom with NO supplies (no paper, no pencils, no nothing) for 2 weeks.
Promises of supplies to come but no possible date as to when. Tuesday I
had a meeting with the Superintendent (he meets for 15 min. with every new
teacher). His first remark was, "Welcome to our system; How is your room
and how about supplies?" Well, since he asked I told him. And I told him
how frustrated I was.

Lo and behold, Wednesday, boxes and boxes of supplies arrived in my room.
However; my principal called me in for a meeting. Yes, you can imagine:
why did I go over his head? why did I tell the super he was not supporting
his teachers?(I didn't) then a long explanation about what a good guy he is.
Seems the superintendent is visiting HIS building today along with some of
the curriculum folks and board members. All MY fault of course...

This is the guy who will do my evaluation in a couple of weeks.

You know, if it was just me and the kids in my room, all of life would be so
lovely.

Sorry, just needed to whine for a minute to some who can probably
understand......

Cindy, back in the SYSTEM again