RE: who posted the mandala opening?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 19:13:44 PDT

I posted those pictures. The Monks came to our museum last spring. It was a
neat experience, though exhausting for the staff. (The exhausting part was
the explosion of interest, much larger crowds, plus the prep for the San
Angelo National Ceramics competition was in full swing. It was an initiation
by fire for new collections manager, and exhibit/security staff) The Monks
were booked for the March Jazz concert by our Cultural Affairs Council. We
are starting to have a World Music theme for the March concert. Nancy, the
director of the Cultural Affairs Council, took the information about the
Mandela to my boss at the museum. He found some sponsors and the museum
added the Mandela to the week. The night before the Closing Mandela
Ceremony, the Monks preformed traditional music from Tibet at the city
auditorium.

This spring we are booking a Celtic singer from New Brunswick, Canada for
the Jazz concert. I don't know if my boss is going to try and tie into that
concert. We've done 2 exhibits/events related to the Jazz series this year.
Duke Ellington and the Monks.

Just to clarify I work for the museum. I volunteer on the Cultural Affairs
Council's Jazz committee.

http://www.sanangeloarts.com/ is the Cultural Affairs Site. They provide
subgrants for area arts groups, and are big supporters of the Children's Art
Museum.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator