Re: 7th graders

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 15:42:48 PDT

I laughed when I read your letter Jayna! The topic of 7 th graders and how
they are quite a handful comes up every now and then. I tell them (teachers)
I bow to all 7th grade teachers. I don't know if I could take them all day . I
get them for part of the day - the hardest part 8th and 9th hours. Our 7th
grade has lunch at 10:35. Can you imagine what they are like at 2:00pm?!!
I let the 9th hour eat a snack if they bring one to eat during announcements.
They usually forget to bring one- normal.
It is funny how I find certain 6th grade students to be just wonderful . Then
I get get them again in 7th and wonder what happened! They are zoning more,
giddier, talkier, moodier
( you get the picture). But of course much of this is happening courtesy of
Mother Nature. Because they bodies are growing so fast there are days less
energy is sent to the brain( as you can tell). Hang in there! They are lovable
in their own special way. Right now my 7th gr. 9th hour is one of my fav
groups( this is rare!).
MaryB

I love all but one or two of my eighth