Re: Help! Chuck Close Video "A portrait in progress"

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 07:24:18 PDT

We used the first half of the Chuck Close video in the self-portrait unit, mostly to keep the time to 30 minutes (the video is closer to an hour). We also told the kids ahead of time they would hear a few off-color words. They were fine with it. If necessary, I would have muted the objectional parts. The video is one of the best I have seen, especially since it shows Close working and really portrays his personality and the obstacles he has overcome. And how often do students see artists with disabilities?

Nancy