Re: sketchbooks

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 07:13:12 PDT

Keep them in their desk/locker for possible daily use, life drawing, still life and landscape. Have them take them home for "homework drawing" occasionally. Encourage imaginative drawing when an "idea" happens, also encourage use of notes and writing in their sketchbooks. Have fun.

>>> skygeoff@home.com 10/25 5:26 AM >>>

All right. I was inspired to order sketchbooks for all 125 of my fifth graders
(the oldest children I teach). Now I have them. They are coil bound and cost
$1.99 each. The paper quality is good. Could someone give me a couple of
suggestions for assignments? Do they bring their sketchbook to class every
time? I'm afraid they'll leave them at home. Should I send a letter to the
parents first before the sketchbooks come home? How do I get quality work and
not something done in one minute? I want these sketchbooks to be something they
are proud of.
Thanks,
Sky

---