Re: Close video and OUR "portraits in progress"!

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 06:08:47 PDT

I am thinking of doing a modified grid project with my
5s this year. I may have read it on this list!
ANyway, we will use their school portrait, scanned and
printed in BW, about size 4x6. They will use the
light box to trace the major features of their face
onto paper. We will place a plastic 1/2" grid over
these, which corresponds to the 1" grid paper I
bought. They will then use the grid method to enlarge
the photo and then paint. I hope it works out well, I
think it should because they are tracing the original
photo. I am not usually into tracing unless it's
their own work, but in this case I am teaching the
grid method more than the drawing part. Last year I
tried to do both, and the small drawings were so bad
that the big ones were worse!
teri
--- artrageous@bigfoot.com wrote:
<<Way cool! Do you think fifth graders could do
this? We have used grids to
do a small 4"x4" picture last year, but portraits
are harder. Janet>>