Re: book making ideas

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 11:36:58 PDT

Take a sheet of paper (12x18" is ideal,but smaller
works) and fold in in half lenghtwise ("like a
hotdog"). Then fold it in half and in half again, to
make creases. Open up the two last folds, so it is
like a hotdog again, but has 3 creases. With scissors
(an exacto works better, but kids can do it with
scissors), make a cut along the main fold, that runs
from the first crease to the last crease. Then pull
the two center pieces apart so it all looks like a
diamond. Flatten it out and then fold one side over.
Voila, you have a multipage book with NO gluing!
I will post a drawing of this to clubphoto so people
can see what I mean...
teri

--- Dawn Wilson <dawn1881@juno.com> wrote:
I am looking to incorporate a bookmaking project
into an uncoming exhibit I
am planning for my museum which discusses the
narrative elements of
painting. Because the art activity will be in the
gallery with the works of
art, I cannot use any materials that could
potentially ruin an artwork (ie
glue, paint, permanent marker, etc.). Does anyone
have any good lesson plans
for books that can be easily folded or can otherwise
be put together sans
messy gluing techniques (using a glue stick might be
okay)? This project
would be aimed at children ages 6-10. I already have
the standard "stack of
paper tied through a punched hole"... I would like a
couple other options to
present the visitors.