book making ideas

---------

From: Dawn Wilson (dawn1881_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 09:29:07 PDT

I am looking to incorporate a bookmaking project into an uncoming exhibit I
am planning for my museum which discusses the narrative elements of
painting. Because the art activity will be in the gallery with the works of
art, I cannot use any materials that could potentially ruin an artwork (ie
glue, paint, permanent marker, etc.). Does anyone have any good lesson plans
for books that can be easily folded or can otherwise be put together sans
messy gluing techniques (using a glue stick might be okay)? This project
would be aimed at children ages 6-10. I already have the standard "stack of
paper tied through a punched hole"... I would like a couple other options to
present the visitors.

Thanks!

Dawn Wilson
Education Coordinator